You know how when you go to a fast food place and you’re standing in line, debating whether you should splurge and get the DeLuxe super meal or if you should just purchase an item off the dollar menu and supplement it with a cup of water, obtained from the bathroom spigot? I think it’s safe to assume that Talal Khouri of the United Arab Emirates has never endured that debate. He’s the man who owns the world’s most expensive license plate, which he paid about $6,750,000 for in an auction run by the oil-rich country’s government. So, what kind of solid-platinum, diamond-encrusted opulence did he get for his millions? Well… actually, it’s just a regular ol’ number tag. Yep, just a normal plate that simply reads “5.” But this is all just a warm-up game, because Talal says that he’s willing to shell out up to $20,000,000 for “1.” In the UAE, there’s evidently a competition among wealthy dudes to possess the lowest plate numbers. Once they exhaust all the single- and double-digit options, we wonder if they’ll move on to more esoteric collectibles. Can you even imagine what Talal Khouri would pay for the rare David Hasselhoff option?… Read full this story
- Buying a Vibration Plate - Compare Prices Reviews & Research
- How to Buy a Mattress Without Losing Sleep - Three Important Tests to Consider
- 10 Tips to Buy From eBay Without Losing Your Money
- Does Acai Burn Burn Fat? - Truth Revealed! Buy Acai Burn to Lose Weight, Honest Review
- Does Acai Berry Really Work For Weight Loss? Read This Before You Buy Acai Products to Lose Weight!
- What Would You Do If You Lost Faith in the Human Race?
- Human Resources Tip - Marketing Your Company's Human Resources Department
- Benefits of Owning a Personalized Plate?
- Pros and Cons of Buying a Discount Bathroom Vanity
- The "Reason" and "Moral" Dimensions of the Human
Man Buys $6,750,000 Vanity Plate, We Lose Faith In Humanity have 328 words, post on jalopnik.com at February 8, 2008. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.