In reaction to our modern Pearl Harbor, 9/11, the Federal Government has gone far beyond taking measures to prevent terrorism. They’ve taken measures to prevent the freedom of US citizens. In the hurricane of post 9/11 legislation sweeping through Congress, a suspicious little addendum to a military appropriations and tsunami relief bill (HR1268), the Real ID Act of 2005 (HR418), handed to the Federal Government all control over our state issued driver’s license.Not only did this completely ignore the 10th amendment which states that all powers not enumerated to the federal government in the constitution are reserved to the people or the states, it gave the power to the Department of Homeland Security which has absolutely zero checks or balances. The DHS may also decide what ‘features’ are required on a Real ID with no input from the states or anyone what so ever. In effect, the DHS has instituted an internal passport required first for entering federal buildings and air travel, then for every other purpose which your driver’s license currently fulfills.Despite the authoritarian implications that such a system imposes, there are numerous other troublesome characteristics that widen the damage coming to our local and state governments not to… Read full this story
- Hipgnosis CEO Merck Mercuriadis Lays Out His Company’s Vision and Goals at Canadian Music Week
- The most divisive MacBook Pro ever
- Games Inbox: Resident Evil 4 remake is a bad idea, Starfield complaints, and Diablo Immortal cost
- Sainsbury's, Tesco and Morrisons staff reveal what they want to say to shoppers but can't
- Britain set to 'feed WORLD' as new breakthrough to cripple Putin's war plot
Real ID Really Hurts have 267 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 9, 2008. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.