1. DE-CLUTTER YOUR HOME – Before you begin you need to start with a ‘blank canvas’; I’m sure if you had booked an art consultant or interior designer to make their recommendations you’d tidy up, so make this your starting point. It is also a fundamental feng shui principle that de-cluttering your environment will de-clutter your mind. If you don’t have the time or the job is too big call in an expert.2. THINK LIKE A GUEST – Now walk through your home imagining you’re a visitor or guest so you can understand the logistics of entering your home for the first time and what impression or atmosphere you wish to create. Important areas from a guest’s point of view are: the entrance (this is their first impression) the path from the entrance to the main living/entertaining area and an outdoor area if you have one. Look for what you think they would notice: as you enter your home, is it obvious where the kitchen/living areas are from the entrance; are private rooms or areas such as bedrooms ‘on show’ as guests walk through the house to the living area. Can any outdoor areas be seen from the main living… Read full this story
- Otobong Nkanga: The art world's rising star
- America After the Fall review – upheaval in the home of the brave
- Ghost of Tsushima art prints would make a great gift for the holidays
- Keeping Up With The Kardashians producer Ryan Seacrest reveals the show started with a camera from Best Buy: 'They changed entertainment forever'
- The Indian modern and contemporary art market is flourishing even during the pandemic
- Art in a pandemic: Openings delayed, museums embrace technology
- Let there be light: 10 simple ways to brighten your home – from pale pink walls to changing bulbs
- Our music is about raw primal instinct: The Casteless Collective
- Bringing the Beauty Out
- Forgery fiction: literature's fascination with fake art
How to Start Your Own Art Collection For Your Home have 313 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 6, 2009. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.