Face detection or Facial Recognition is a technology that determines the locations and sizes of human faces in random (digital) images. It only focuses on the facial features and leaves apart everything else such as buildings and trees.Face detection is used in combination with a facial recognition system. It is used in video surveillance and security systems. Facial recognition or Facial Tracking systems are used for a varied number of security purposes:1. Facial Recognition systems are used in casinos to detect fraud. 2. The US government uses facial recognition for visa processing and it is one of the largest systems in the world. 3. Some new uses of Face Tracking such as to detect voter fraud and ATM fraud are being experimented with. 4. Some of the uses of Facial Recognition systems are not being publicized due to the sensitive nature of the information and its possibility of being used in the wrong hands.Automatic License Plate Reader is used for a varied number of security purposes:1. A London municipality uses it as part of their area wide security system. 2. Automatic License Plate Reader is used in border controls to let citizens of some countries to pass through without any… Read full this story
- SF could ban facial recognition software — opinion is divided over whether that’s good
- Supreme Court declines to hear Facebook facial recognition case
- The Secret History of Facial Recognition
- Stop collecting images: Twitter to facial recognition app
- Twitter tells facial recognition app, Clearview AI to stop collecting images
- Due to weak oversight, we don’t really know how tech companies are using facial recognition data
- Cops decide to collect less license plate data after 80GB drive got full
- Met Police need huge IT upgrade to ensure facial recognition legal
- We know where you’ve been: Ars acquires 4.6M license plate scans from the cops
- Clearview AI Says Its Facial Recognition Software Identified A Terrorism Suspect. The Cops Say That's Not True.
Various Uses of Automatic License Plate Reader and Facial Recognition have 314 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 27, 2009. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.