Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer took the stage in New York Thursday, playing the role of chief salesman in a day of worldwide launch events, executive speechmaking and sales promotions meant to persuade consumers and businesses to migrate to Windows 7.With characteristic high energy and in his booming voice, Ballmer evoked the Windows 7 marketing mantra of “simplicity” to a crowd of about 250 journalists and analysts in a Soho loft space.”At the end of the day, it’s trying to make the everyday usage of the PC better in the way you want it to … simpler, faster, more responsive, less busy.”The New York launch capped a day of similar events in cities including London, Beijing, Tokyo, Hamburg and Munich.Though the New York event space was festively decorated with green-tinged Windows 7 Launch Party display screens and had an area in back — dramatically unveiled in the middle of Ballmer’s keynote — where store showroom-type environments were set up as rooms in a typical house, it was an uncharacteristically small venue and audience for a major Microsoft launch.The relatively low-key launch fits the way Microsoft is characterizing the new OS — feature-rich, but above all, straightforward to use.The Vista OS, plagued… Read full this story
- Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max launch event: As it happened
- How many PCs will still be running Windows 7 in 2020?
- Apex Legends Global Series announced, featuring over $3 million total prizes
- Windows 10 Is Coming to ARM: Here’s What It Means for You
- What’s Spotify’s Secret For Its Dec 6th Event? Discovery Via Twitter-Style Influencer Following
- Gabrielle Union looks radiant as she leaves event... after telling people to fight the 'status quo' during strong message about AGT firing
- How To Make Windows 8 Boot Even Faster!
- Fair Work Ombudsman launches legal action against Australian Chatime franchisor
- Better Than Batch: A Windows Scripting Host Tutorial
- Forza 6 Apex Launches Leaves Beta With Wheel Support
Ballmer headlines global Windows 7 launch events have 310 words, post on www.infoworld.com at October 21, 2009. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.