Imagine my shock when I used Bing to search for “Where to buy knockoff products in New York” and found a treasure trove of information on the web leading me to an apparently little-known area of New York City where such products are available around Canal Street: Imagine my even further shock to discover that in today’s US congressional hearing about fending off such intellectual property theft, no one apparently asked what Bing was doing to stop this. No one seems to have asked why these major companies are hosting this information and how to stop them, either. Piracy Galore In New York City! Nor, does it appear, that US government, New York state or New York City authorities have acted to close this area down. Why, in a few simple searches on Twitter, I can find people talking about getting fake goods on Canal within the past few days. Is the area unknown to the authorities? No. According to a New York Times article from 2002 that I found in my Bing search above — actually, a copy of the article apparently reprinted without permission — authorities have been fighting a war against counterfeit sales in this notorious area…
- Getting Ready for the New York City Marathon
- One Hundred And Fifteen Years Ago, The New York City Subway Became Itself
- TFC doesn’t have much time to prepare for its conference semifinal with first-place New York City FC
- Revenge Porn Is Officially Punishable by Law in New York City
- Why Is the Gender Wage Gap Higher for Black Women in New York City and What Can Be Done?
- Watch The New York City Subway Chug Along Seven Months After It Opened
- New York City Council votes to close notorious Rikers Island jail
- New York City votes to close notorious Rikers Island jail
- Gigi Hadid changes into multicolor coat for lunch in New York City after making a statement with a 'boys lie' sweatshirt
- Jessica Biel is off-duty chic as she flashes a smile during solo coffee run in New York City
If Google Was New York City & Online Piracy Was Knock-Off Handbags... have 349 words, post on at April 6, 2011. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.