Well, it’s official. Matt Cutts, the head of Google’s Web spam team, has declaratively stated that SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is not spam. Of course, those of us in the industry have known this for as long as we’ve been interested in SEO, but the overwhelming perception of SEO by the everyman is that it is directly proportional to spam. Watch the following 4-minute-long video of Matt Cutts addressing the question, “Does Google consider SEO to be spam?” Between that video and Google’s official SEO beginner’s guide, I’d say the case for legitimate SEO has more than been made from the search juggernaut. But just in case you need some extra coaxing, I recommend reading this post of mine from last year where I made a case for the legitimacy of SEO. In it, I note not only Google’s stance on SEO, but Microsoft’s as well, what with their own SEO team and SEO toolkit. The post is as applicable today as it was a year ago. So, yes, while SEO has plenty of black hat practitioners who spam the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages), it also has innumerable white hat practitioners who create added value for Web sites, search… Read full this story
- Couple Says Google's Street View Violates Privacy
- Frontier Says Google Voice Infringes on Telephone Patent
- Hurricane Maria death toll is thousands higher than official count, study says
- Trump 'can't win either way' with critics on North Korea, ex-national security official Michael Anton says
- Trump pardons former Bush administration official 'Scooter' Libby, says he 'heard that he has been treated unfairly'
- Deep state has 'weaponized' security clearances against Trump, conservative Pentagon official's lawyer says
- Official Won't Say If U.S. Government Is Still Taking In Separated Children
- Google Buys Fitbit, Your Data, and a Wearable OS That Doesn't Suck
- Google's Putting Some Icing On Its Half-Baked Android TV Cake
- Linking Social Media A/C To Aadhaar: Madras HC Tells YouTube, Google LLC To Enter Appearance Even As Notice Served On Google India
It's official: SEO is not spam, says Google have 346 words, post on www.zdnet.com at October 25, 2011. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.