Insidious, perhaps the most profitable as well as the spookiest movie of last year, is getting a sequel. The original creative team, director James Wan and writer Leigh Whannell, is in talks to return for the new film. Jason Blum will be back as producer. The first movie starred Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne as a couple who at first think their house is haunted but come to the realization it’s one of their sons who is possessed. The first movie (spoiler alert!) ended with Wilson being possessed after a journey to a realm of the dead. PHOTOS: Iconic Horror Movies The movie was released in April and scared up almost $100 million worldwide on a budget of only $1.5 million. It is unclear whether the sequel will continue the story or whether the lead actors will return. Byrne’s stock has risen since the first movie as she was part of Bridesmaids, the surprise comedy hit that has opened new doors for all its leads. She also starred in the summer 2011 tentpole X-Men: First Class. The sequel is scheduled to go into production this year for a 2013 release. Oren Peli and Steven Schneider, who acted as producers on the first… Read full this story
- Michelle Pfeiffer lands role in ‘Maleficent’ sequel
- With ‘A Quiet Place’ and ‘Get Out,’ horror is having a mainstream moment. Will that alienate fans?
- A Quiet Place is getting a sequel but not everyone is happy about it
- A Quiet Place Is Getting a Quieter Sequel
- Jason open to making a sequel of The Meg
- Scariest horror movies on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and more
- James McAvoy, Bill Hader may join Jessica Chastain in the upcoming sequel It: Chapter Two
- ‘Super Troopers 2’ is a sequel stuck in permanent adolescence
- How to Introduce Your Kid to Horror Movies
- Warning issued as Channel 4’s True Horror is branded the most terrifying show on TV
Horror Hit 'Insidious' to Get Sequel have 308 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at February 2, 2012. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.