SAN FRANCISCO — The Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Department is investigating San Francisco Giants slugger Pablo Sandoval in a sexual assault case. Deputy Sheriff April Skalland said Saturday that the investigation was ongoing. “No charges have been filed. He was not arrested, he was not detained,” Skalland said. “He was interviewed with his lawyer present and he cooperated.” Sandoval’s attorney said that his client met with the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Department regarding what the lawyer called a “consensual” sexual relationship. Sandoval was a guest at Seascape Beach Resort in the popular Monterey Bay Peninsula area some 90 minutes from San Francisco. CSN Bay Area first reported Saturday that Sandoval met with authorities Friday and faced possible charges. Friday is when the sexual encounter took place, according to Sandoval lawyer Eric Geffon. “He made a statement. I cannot talk about those things,” Sandoval said, referring to his attorney when the third baseman was reached by phone. “I’m just concentrating on my game and getting back to the team right now.” Said Geffon: “On Friday, June 1, Pablo Sandoval voluntarily met with the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Department related to a consensual, personal relationship of a sexual nature that took place… Read full this story
- Jury finds San Francisco man guilty of sexually assaulting 6-year-old boy
- San Francisco officials come out against Raiders move to Giants ballpark
- Crime falls in San Francisco with drops in homicides, car break-ins
- NFL roundup: Raiders show ‘interest’ in playing in San Francisco in 2019
- San Francisco police arrest suspect in brutal beating of 88-year-old grandmother
- #MeToo 2020: Sen. Kamala Harris Claims Ignorance Over Long-time Employee Sex Abuse Case
- What are the Giants trying to accomplish at the Winter Meetings?
- Giants buzz: Zaidi discusses Japanese star, Posey’s future, trading with the A’s
- Contend or rebuild? Giants may opt for increasingly rare strategy in 2019
- San Jose: Violent crime continues to rise as chief calls for reinforcements
Pablo Sandoval, San Francisco Giants third baseman, questioned in sex assault case have 316 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at June 3, 2012. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.