Florida sheriff’s investigators missed a key piece of evidence — a Google search of “fool-proof” suffocation — in the Casey Anthony murder probe, they acknowledged Sunday. The search, made from a computer in Anthony’s home on the day her daughter was last seen alive, could have helped convict her in the death of 2-year-old Caylee, said Orange County Sheriff’s Capt. Angelo Nieves. “It’s just a shame we didn’t have it,” prosecutor Jeff Ashton told an Orlando TV station. In July 2011, a jury acquitted Anthony, 24, of murdering Caylee, whose skeletal remains were found six months after she vanished in a wooded area near her home. Nieves said the sheriff’s office’s computer investigator missed a June 16, 2008, search made from a computer Anthony used. The investigator pulled 17 vague entries from the computer’s Internet Explorer browser, but did not analyze the Mozilla Firefox browser, where the potentially incriminating evidence was found, Orlando news station WKMG reported. Nieves said detectives have not determined if Anthony made the search for “fool-proof suffication,” misspelling “suffocation.” She shared the computer with her father, George Anthony. Unaware of the online search, prosecutors argued during the trial that Caylee was poisoned with chloroform and then… Read full this story
- Casey Anthony opens Florida investigation business
- Casey Anthony on life after acquittal: 'I sleep pretty good at night'
- 'I hoped they had joined a cult, because at least they would still be breathing': Grandmother of Lori Vallow's murdered son JJ pens emotional essay about her 'unending nightmare' a year after he and his sister disappeared
- ‘Florida Man Murders’ star Judge Alex Ferrer details case that inspired Michael Bay’s ‘Pain & Gain’ film
- Trump supporters storm Congress as Pence and lawmakers run for safety: Mob smashes through police barriers and wall of tear gas to stop Biden's victory being certified - after President told them to march on the Capitol to 'stop the steal'
- The 100 best series to watch on Amazon Prime Video
- The 43 best movies on Netflix right now
- These Are the 100 Worst Dramas of All Time
- The best Android games currently available (January 2021)
- Horned QAnon 'Shaman' in bearskin and stay-at-home dad, 36, with drugs history who stole Pelosi's lectern are both charged in Capitol siege as nationwide hunt for MAGA mob continues
Casey Anthony murder trial investigators missed Google search for 'fool-proof' suffocation have 370 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at November 25, 2012. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.