I’m sure you heard the news by now, Yahoo has acquired Tumblr for a cool $1.1 billion in cash.
Seriously, everyone is talking about it – just see techmeme.
A WebmasterWorld thread talks about how we want this to make Yahoo cool and relevant. We want $1.1 billion to turn the company around. We do wish the best for Yahoo.
The concern is will Yahoo mess up Tumblr or will Tumblr clean up Yahoo?
What do you think?
Yahoo did some neat stuff with Flickr yesterday – so that is a good sign, I think.
- Activision spends billions, Blizzard wins a name, Fallout 4 sings, more Konami drama
- Apple Spending Billions on Cloud Infrastructure
- ‘Clash of Clans' Is Selling For $9 Billion; Who's Buying?
- Don’t buy Overwatch loot boxes to get the new batch of skins
- Intel’s investing big in 7nm EUV with billion dollar fab expansion planned for June
- Microsoft Buys Minecraft, And the Rest of the Week's Top Stories
- Star Citizen is selling a $50 gift card for $60... why not spend it on the new $420 Endeavor space ship?
- Almost Everything That Happened in Gaming & Tech Between The Release Of Kingdom Hearts 2 & 3
- The pressure on Captain Marvel is overwhelming — and it always has been
- Warframe beginner’s guide: How to survive your first 10 hours