For the European physicists who created the World Wide Web, preserving its history is as elusive as unlocking the mysteries of how the universe began. The scientists at the European Organization for Nuclear Research, known by its French acronym CERN, are searching for the first Web page. It was at CERN that Tim Berners-Lee invented the Web in 1990 as an unsanctioned project, using a NeXT computer that Apple co-founder Steve Jobs designed in the late 80s during his 12-year exile from the company. Dan Noyes oversees CERN’s website and has taken on the project to uncover the world’s first Web page. He says that no matter how much data they sort through, researchers may never make a clear-cut discovery of the original web page because of the nature of how data is shared. “The concept of the earliest Web page is kind of strange,” Noyes said. “It’s not like a book. A book exists through time. Data gets overwritten and looped around. To some extent, it is futile.” In April, CERN restored a 1992 copy of the first-ever website that Berners-Lee created to arrange CERN-related information. It was the earliest copy CERN could find at the time, and Noyes… Read full this story
- World Wide Web is 25: To make everyone see his work, this physicist spun the Web
- The Best Job Search Websites & Apps
- Scientists create horrifying spider-like mutants in bizarre genetic experiment
- Russian Scientists Create Powerful Antidote For the Most Deadly Chemical Weapons
- Meet Sunil Sindagi aka IQQANVE: The budding passionate talent making his way to the top in the world of Music as Music Producer.
- Deep Web May Not Be As Dark As You Think: These Search Engines Get You There
- Facebook's 'Widely Viewed Content' Report Promises Ben Shapiro Isn't That Popular
- How to Create Accessible Web Forms for WordPress
- How Web 3.0 will change the internet (and everything else)!
- Websites at 30 - how much has the internet changed?
Scientists who created World Wide Web search for the first website ever produced have 315 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at June 11, 2013. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.