KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) Kansas City has gone 27 years without making the playoffs and time is running out for the Royals to not extend that streak to 28.Matt Garza pitched eight impressive innings for his first victory in six starts and the Texas Rangers kept close in the playoff race, beating the Royals 3-1 on Saturday night.The Rangers won for only the fifth time in 19 September games to remain a half-game behind Cleveland for the second AL wild-card berth.The Royals, out of the playoffs since winning the 1985 World Series, dropped 3 1/2 games in back of the Indians.“We know we can’t do anything unless we win,” said Eric Hosmer, who homered in the ninth for the only Royals’ run. “We’re still in it. We’re not out of it yet. We’ll come out and do our end of the bargain.”The Royals have eight games remaining with the last seven are on the road, but against the Seattle Mariners and Chicago White Sox, clubs with losing records.A rare Kauffman Stadium sellout Saturday night could not spark the Royals to a victory against Garza.“The crowd was into the game, the whole game,” said Jarrod Dyson, who tripled with two out… Read full this story
- Make it eight: Rangers pounce early and extend Royals' losing streak
- Jakob Junis improves on biggest weakness, but Royals' losing streak goes on
- Hamels stymies Royals, improves to 2-0 with Cubs
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline Recap: Updating Jonathan Schoop, Kevin Gausman, Tommy Pham and other deals
- The best rushers, passers and receivers from Week 6
Recap: Royals 3 1/2 games back after 3-1 loss to Rangers have 259 words, post on www.foxsports.com at September 21, 2013. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.