PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. — The headline came early Sunday morning: There’s no need to worry about outfielder Wil Myers.The reigning American League Rookie of the Year said he’s fine after he left a game against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday in Bradenton, Fla., with a bruised quadriceps in his right leg during the third inning. As expected, he was out of the lineup for the Tampa Bay Rays’ 8-4 victory over the Boston Red Sox at Charlotte Sports Park.”Just a bruise,” Myers said. “I woke up this morning, and it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I’m staying cautious today.”Myers said he could return Tuesday when the Rays play the Minnesota Twins in Fort Myers, Fla., though nothing is determined yet because, as he relayed, “we’ll be really cautious here.” He’s hitting .154 (4 for 26) with 1 RBI and seven strikeouts in 10 games this spring.”He’s fine. It just got him in an awkward spot,” Rays manager Joe Maddon said. “Sometimes, you do things like that, and it almost hits you in a nerve, and it will cause an even bigger reaction. But he’s fine.”MATT MOORE FEELING OKThis hasn’t been the smoothest of… Read full this story
- Wil Myers adds to legend with AL Rookie of the Year award
- Rays notes: With Wil Myers’ return, outfield depth exists in abundance
- Can Rays’ Myers rebound from flub?
- Notebook: Rays not making too much of cold snap at plate
- Arenado bruises chest in Rockies’ win over Padres
- Notebook: Marlins giving some regulars rest Saturday
- Browns-Steelers Wednesday Notebook
- Twins notebook: Buxton moving forward after bout with flu
- Notebook: Leg injuries continue to hobble Marlins infielders
Notebook: Wil Myers fine, resting bruised quad have 279 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 16, 2014. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.