Madison Square Garden, New York, March 31, 1985WrestleMania has become the Super Bowl of Sports Entertainment, aka Pro Wrestling. Arguably, the World Wrestling Entertainment-produced mega-spectacle — which debuted in 1985 — rivals the global appeal of the NFL showcase, as WrestleMania airs in more than 160 countries in more than 30 languages.The strategic placement of the date of the event has long gone overlooked, as it is nestled on the Sunday between NCAA men’s basketball Final Four on Saturday and the championship game on Monday. No football … spring training baseball … no Olympics … and the off day for college hoops proved perfect.“There is nothing else like it,” longtime WWE creative member Bruce Prichard told me recently. “Imagine the grandest event you can think of and for a fan of wrestling, WrestleMania is the ultimate experience.“It is the one weekend of the year where everyone can be a fan again and get lost in the revelry.”When Vince McMahon created the concept, many pro wrestling promoters around the world thought that the brash — albeit brilliant — entrepreneur had essentially signed his own bankruptcy papers. WM I was the ultimate, calculated risk as McMahon has often said. In truth, the… Read full this story
- Could Wrestlemania be coming to Tampa?
- County ready to rumble for WrestleMania, Special Olympics
- As it courts Wrestlemania, Tampa can boast some major wrestling moments
- How much do WWE superstars earn? The salary of every top wrestler
- WWE, The Netflix Of Wrestling, Muscles To New High On Subscriber Gains
- Warrior Wrestling brings 'dream card' to Chicago Heights
- Will WWE crown a new champ this Sunday at Backlash?: Write Russo Write
- Rey Mysterio's Career Victory Lap Is Almost Here, And That's A Good Thing
- From Kane to Lawler: Wrestling and politics mix just fine in Tennessee
- Shaq’s Mina endorsement: Hit or miss?
WRESTLEMANIA Part 1 have 292 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 30, 2014. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.