Follow our Steam Curator page for updated recommendations in Steam.One of the pleasant parts of writing about games is just meeting the people who share your weird career. I went to a media dinner at PAX East this year and had the chance to get to know some editors that I hadn’t met before. The guy sitting next to me happened to be primarily a console gamer, but that actually ended up being a neat opportunity for us to have a kind of cultural exchange. I got to learn about the state of Kinect games and Halo, and he got to hear me explain the appeal of Arma, a game that inspired me to memorize the NATO alphabet.I took his business card and emailed him a few of my favorite Arma videos by Dslyecxi and CHKilroy later that night, hoping they would give him a sense of the beautiful coordination that’s possible in a systems-driven, moddable, massive-scale multiplayer game. A few days after PAX East, I got a wonderful reply—our conversation and the videos I’d passed along had inspired him to build his first PC in 15 years.I love being a PC evangelist. With my colleague’s note, though, came a… Read full this story
- GeForce Now review: Nvidia's 'Netflix for PC games' is impressive, but impractical
- Is PC Gaming Really Worth the Hassle?
- Forget what you know, next-gen consoles change everything
- Brix Gaming UHD (GB-BNi7HG4-950) review: A lot of performance in a little PC
- How augmented reality will change gaming, according to a HoloLens developer
- A gaggle of new games for Xbox 360
- Xbox One S review: The Xbox One moves into the 4K generation
- Virtual parenting poised for growth spurt
- A haven for 'Halo' in New York City
- Apple TV vs. Roku 3, Fire TV and Nvidia Shield
A console gamer asked me what three PC games he should play — here's what I said have 299 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at May 6, 2014. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.