ANN ARBOR, MI—Confirming that the process causes individuals to collaborate closely, reach compromises, and display empathy, a new study from the University of Michigan has found that the human ability to cooperate is never more strongly exhibited than when a group of people order a pizza. “Even among very large groups, we observed a remarkable behavioral dynamic in which choosing a place from which to order, selecting the size and number of pizzas, and placing a phone call led individuals to come together and work earnestly toward the fulfillment of mutual goals,” study co-author Linda Kolat said Wednesday, positing that the act of determining toppings may also be one of the few instances in which human beings genuinely listen carefully to what others are saying. “Furthermore, we witnessed numerous acts of generosity, with the group willing to forgo mushrooms, for example, if even one of its members expressed a distaste for it. People nearly always found ways to overcome their opposing tastes, often through skillful negotiations that resulted in ordering sausage on one half of the pie and just plain cheese on the other.” In addition, the study found that humans are never more divided than when attempting to determine… Read full this story
- Contrary canines: Dogs go through a stroppy phase when they hit puberty just like humans and become less obedient to their owners
- Cromwell's 'warts and all' portraitist gets first exhibition in 40 years
- What You Missed on Late Night: Anderson Cooper Says Donald Trump 'Hijacked' Coronavirus Press Briefings
- Hundreds of fossilized human footprints found in Africa could reveal ancient traditions
- EXCLUSIVE: Coronavirus vaccine taken by tablet instead of injection is about to go into human trials – and scientist in charge says he believes there WILL be a vaccine by next year
- Athletes and Scientists, we all are not humans we need be
- 'Coronavirus did NOT come from animals in Wuhan market': Landmark study suggests it was taken into the area by someone already infected - as Beijing thwarts efforts to establish source of Covid-19
- Coronavirus may be spread by SEX: Study finds the killer virus in semen samples from men recovering from the illness
- Why a post-COVID-19 global order led by China is only a distant threat
- Rutger Bregman: 'Our secret superpower is our ability to cooperate'
Study: Human Ability To Cooperate Most Strongly Exhibited When Ordering Pizza have 373 words, post on www.theonion.com at May 28, 2014. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.