Facebook is massive and it’s growing fast. The social network has seen a steady rise in mobile use, with active users doubling from roughly 500 million in early 2012 to nearly a billion this year. Key to the social network’s growth is its piggy backing on the spike in mobile web access – as the world moves away from computers to phones, Facebook is taking advantage with the hope that it can emulate Google’s success in mobile form. This begs the question: Can anyone – including Google – stop the Facebook juggernaut from taking over the internet? “The internet is very clearly going to become mobile-first, and Facebook is well placed to be a big part of this phase of the internet,” says Mark Holden, Head of Futures at Arena. “Facebook estimates that 20% of user time spent on mobile is on Facebook – and once you factor in their ownership of Instagram and WhatsApp, which are mobile-first platforms, it will clearly be a dominant force in our daily lives across social networking, imaging, messaging and eventually VOIP too.” Why did Facebook buy WhatsApp? Currently, Facebook is in an aggressive acquisition stage as it seeks to build a constellation of… Read full this story
- Verizon's privacy-focused search engine OneSearch is here
- Google-Funded Heritage Foundation Decries ‘Heavy-Handed’ Tech Regulations
- Trump wants Apple to unlock the Pensacola shooter's iPhones. Here's why it won't
- Ancient Chilean Mummies Now Turning into Black Ooze: Here's Why
- How to see all Facebook friend requests you’ve ever sent – and find out who blanked you
- Mark Hamill disappointed Zuckerberg values profit more than truthfulness, quits Facebook over dishonest political ads
- Here’s why the wedding band is worn on the fourth finger!
- Here's all the information we have on Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja's destination wedding!
- Here's how microbeads in your facewash can lead to health problems for you
- Here's which colour you should wear to your first date to boost attractiveness
Facebook is becoming Google and here's why have 314 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at June 23, 2014. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.