As of January 2015, Dota 2 has well over 10 million active users. And, as of January 2015, Steam Content Creators have made $57 million from sales in Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike: GO, and Dota 2. With the latter being by far the most popular of those three, it’s fairly safe to say the majority of that money has been made by selling items in the Dota 2 store.Among those many different hats, swords and cosmetics sit the Dota 2 Announcer Packs, add-ons that replace the default announcer audio with a new voice, typically borrowed from another game universe. They’re an oddity among the other items in the store as they have the freedom to break from Dota 2’s strict art style and setting, something that Valve itself has happily done by inserting GLadOS from Portal and Doctor Kleiner from Half Life. The idea being that only the player is going to be hearing the barks and calls of an announcer, so it doesn’t become incongruous from the style of the game.Of far more interest though are the announcers that don’t come from Valve. Supergiant’s Bastion narrator was the first non-Valve announcer in the store, quickly followed by Hidden Path’s Defense… Read full this story
- Simon Coveney heads 'collective effort' to get Irish business Brexit ready
- British Business Bank announces initiative to fund regional SMEs
- #Makeithappen: One-IT, the Romanian company using augmented reality to get global business
- Strathaven gets set for another action-packed agricultural exposition
- Get your business idea off the ground on Start-Up Day at Northampton library
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Mike Ashley's Sports Direct axes House of Fraser directors
- £8m Gainsborough’ House transformation needs business support
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Debenhams hires new CFO amid turnaround attempts
- It's Your Wake-Up Call, London: Businesses Suffer From No Deal 'Brexit Fatigue'
- CEOs should get out of the board room spend time on the shop floor
Getting to know the business of 's indie Announcer Packs have 318 words, post on www.gamasutra.com at February 25, 2015. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.