Police have completed their investigation of a Dallas Cowboys player accused of sexual assault and will forward the case to prosecutors, who are expected to present evidence to a grand jury. Grapevine, Tex., police spokesman Sgt. Robert Eberling said the case will be sent to the office of Tarrant District Attorney Sharen Wilson by Friday. C.J. Spillman was accused of sexually assaulting a woman at the Cowboys’ team hotel on Sept. 20, just hours after NFL commissioner Roger Goodell promised to get tough on players accused of violent crimes during an awkward news conference called to address criticism of how the league responded to the Ray Rice domestic violence case. Spillman, a special teams player, allegedly assaulted the woman at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, the Cowboys’ official hotel since 2009. He has also been accused of sexually assaulting a Bay Area massage therapist in 2013, when he was with the San Francisco 49ers. Despite the allegations, Spillman appeared in each of the Cowboys’ regular-season games and two postseason games. A spokesperson for the Cowboys declined to comment. The NFL was under heavy fire throughout the 2014 season for the tepid discipline it meted out to Rice and… Read full this story
- Jerry Jones Being Sued For Sexual Assault
- "Men We Can't Say No To"
- There's No 911 for Cybercrime. If There Were, Would You Call?
- Massive human trafficking ring busted in California… 500 arrested in police raids
- Power 12 Foods: Never Go Hungry
- Email fraud threatens even the savviest users: Don't get complacent
- 10 Strange IPhone Crimes of 2010
- MLB notebook: Yankees’ Boone calls Torres snub ‘a joke’
- Is This the Most Dangerous Food For Men?
- The Patent Mafia and What You Can Do To Break It Up
Texas cops to send sex assault case against Cowboys’ C.J. Spillman to prosecutors have 281 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at February 12, 2015. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.