Don’t you just love those map graphics that show what people call “soda” in every state? Or what the favorite local beer is? I do! That’s why I decided to create one for search. Behold: The top trending searches in every U.S. state from the past 12 months: Top Trending Searches: Methodology To determine the top trending searches, I used Google Trends data from the last 12 months (February 2014 to February 2015). In Google Trends, you can drill down to the state level and see both overall trends as well as rising trends (indicating a recent spike in search volume). For this graphic, I used the rising trends data. I also threw out the most common rising search terms that were common across all 50 states in the past 12 months. These included: ebola robin williams world cup iphone 6 iggy azalea fb google drive amazon prime ariana grande For each state, I looked for the first unique trending search (a trending query that wasn’t part of a nationwide trend). You’ll see that some of the states in the map above feature one of the nationwide search trends. That’s because some states (such as Colorado) had no unique search…
- Jonathan Isaac could end Magic’s long-running star search
- Google searches skyrocket for CBD: What to know about the latest wellness trend, and does it work?
- Over 500K pot vapes seized in 2 years as busts rise in US
- Top Gear America is making a comeback with Dax Shepard and Rob Corddry
- Administrative assistant jobs helped propel many women into the middle class. Now they're disappearing.
- In New York lab, centuries-old corals hold clues to climate shifts
- How to reduce suicides on the psychiatric ward
- Filmmaker Costa-Gavras on politics, cinema and his new film on the Greek financial crisis
- Tinder Lets Known Sex Offenders Use The App. It’s Not The Only One.
- Thomas Piketty: the French economist bringing capitalism to book
Search Trends in All 50 States have 321 words, post on at April 1, 2015. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.