Throughout almost 40 years that she has lived in the United States, Grace Talusan is Filipino. However, after four months in the Philippines, she has come to understand that she is an American. Lest she be misunderstood, Talusan, who has something in common with Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie, may be an American in the way she speaks and dresses up, and in her beliefs and expectations, but she is very much a Filipino at heart. She feels deeply for Filipinos, particularly those who work so hard yet live in difficult situations. Talusan was born in Manila to both Filipino parents but has lived in the United States since she was three years old. She was 19 when she first came back in 1992 for a brief visit since they packed their bags to the US in the early ‘70s. Like many Filipinos who have settled in the US, her parents who were both medical practitioners were initially undocumented aliens there. And so were she and her elder sister. Her three younger siblings were born there. “My father had an opportunity to do his residency at New England Medical Center. He is an ophthalmologist so he did a glaucoma research. And… Read full this story
- Victoria Justice takes to the streets with her sister Madison Grace to protest police brutality in West Hollywood
- Grace Kelly's experiences as an American actress turned princess could be lesson for Meghan Markle
- In All the Ways That Matter,
- Watch Joan Baez Honor Obama in ‘The President Sang Amazing Grace’
- Robert De Niro emerges for the first time since pleading COVID poverty in ongoing court battle with estranged wife Grace Hightower
- Grace 1 tanker: UK condemns Iran over Adrian Darya 1 delivery of oil to Syria
- Becoming an American in the Age of Trump
- Google's statements to the House Judiciary reinforce that it is an American success story
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Biden says many Americans "view me as the antithesis of Trump"
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ & ‘Leave No Trace’ Star Thomasin McKenzie To Play American Ballet Dancer Joy Womack In ‘Joika’ For Anonymous Content, Four Knights, Embankment & UTA — Cannes
Grace Talusan: A Filipino in an American way have 341 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at May 29, 2015. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.