You know, just a couple of weeks ago I was telling someone that this has felt like the longest offseason I can remember in covering college football, with the reason being, nothing particularly important happened.So of course, less than two weeks before the first game – complete chaos. Do you think Steve Sarkisian is on a short leash? –Ca Ferrara, North Versailles, Pa.Not as short as that question.First of all, let’s add some context. Between Sunday morning, when news and a video snippet from Sarkisian’s drunken pep talk first leaked, and Tuesday morning, when he addressed reporters before practice and disclosed that he mixed alcohol with prescription meds, I saw a whole lot of comments to the effect of “Why is this a story? So what if he had a few drinks and swore?” C’mon. This was the USC head coach serving in his official capacity at one of the program’s most celebrated events. It’s kind of a big deal.But more pressingly, it’s an even bigger deal if it’s part of a larger problem, which many have suspected and which a visibly worn-down Sarkisian alluded to in his comments Tuesday, saying he plans to seek some unspecified treatment. If that’s… Read full this story
- Hotline mailbag: Pac-12 rosters are stocked with super-seniors, thanks to the shortened 2020 season
- $998 to Say Hello to Dolly? That’s the Price for Some Front Row Seats
- Shrewsbury boss Steve Cotterill urges fans to get vaccinated and help each other out this season after his Covid hell
- Up and Away: ‘The Aeronauts’ and Hot-Air Balloons in the Movies
- Five college football freshmen ready to burst onto the scene, make immediate impact in 2021 season
- Spurrier uses memorabilia to create one-of-a-kind restaurant
- How does Chicago Fire keep its fake fires from going full O’Leary?
- Routes: COVID-19 variant threatens travel, Spirit's woes continue, plus United, Delta, AA, more
- Ex Lucy Beale actress jokes her version of murdered EastEnders character would 'take Albert Square to hell' with her
- Everyone’s ‘Mama’ is Assam’s Next CM: Himanta Biswa Sarma’s Own Mettle Has Catapulted Him to the Top
Mailbag: If Steve Sarkisian is already on the hot seat, so is Pat Haden have 353 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 26, 2015. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.