In my first weeks at Atlassian, I was seeking for a quick-win to get a stronger foothold within the company and evangelize SEO. So, I audited our main site and noticed it didn’t have an XML sitemap. What an easy win! I went to the devs and asked them to activate it in the CMS. To my surprise, they told me that it wasn’t possible; I was baffled. After some thinking, I remembered that Screaming Frog had an XML sitemap function, so I scraped the site and uploaded the crawl as an XML sitemap. Google ate it within a few seconds, and we saw a noticeable impact on our traffic in the following days. The moral of the story is that XML sitemaps are important and sometimes underrated. What XML Sitemaps Are and Why You Need to Have One XML sitemaps are digital maps that help Google discover important pages on your site and how often they are being updated. Google states on its help center page: A sitemap tells the crawler which files you think are important in your site, and also provides valuable information about these files: for example, for pages, when the page was last updated, how often… Read full this story
- SEO Tip – Prevent Search Engines from Indexing your XML Sitemaps
- Which URLs should you add in the XML Sitemap file of your Website?
- 50 Best Tips & Tricks
- Hot Rod Solid-Axle – Tips & Tricks
- Keep It Clean Tips & Tricks
- Sheetmetal Body Stock Cars Tips & Tricks
- Sheetmetal Tips, Tricks, And Tools
- Body and Fabrication Tool, Tips and Tricks
- Mustang-Specific Body and Paint Tips & Tricks
- 10 Tips, Tricks, And Techniques Guaranteed To Improve Any Paint Project
The Best XML Sitemap Tools, Tips, and Tricks have 287 words, post on www.semrush.com at August 14, 2015. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.