In last night’s penultimate The Daily Show With Jon Stewart—which reverts back to simply The Daily Show after tonight—Jon Stewart did a segment called “The Daily Show: Destroyer Of Worlds,” which set out to destroy, instead, the idea that The Daily Show has had any effect on the world at all. In showing clips plucked from Stewart’s 16-year-plus run as host (and targeting depressingly similar targets), the segment served the dual purpose of re-emphasizing the streak of self-deprecation the now-former host has always maintained (even as his cultural influence has inarguably grown), and continuing the Daily Show’s mission of letting the air out of hyperbole, wherever it occurs. Advertisement Open media.mtvnservices.com The Daily ShowDaily Show Full Episodes,The Daily Show on Facebook,Daily Show Video Archive That show’s guest, the similarly venerated comic icon Louis CK, with his signature no-nonsense authority, touted Stewart, saying “you were a voice of reason, and you were funny, and this was one of the most impressive comic achievements of all time.” Yet Stewart’s exasperated statement from the end of his opening bit still hung in the air, as it has through all the celebratory hoopla in this last week of shows—“The world is demonstrably worse than… Read full this story
- Jon Stewart defends Samantha Bee after Ivanka Trump comment
- Jon Stewart Calls Out Trump For His 'Gleeful Cruelty And Dickishness'
- Jon Stewart on hosting the Warrior Games in Colorado Springs, and his return to stand-up
- Jon Stewart comes to defense of Samantha Bee over vulgar Ivanka Trump comments
- Bassem Youssef first came to Philly as a surgeon. He returns as the 'Egyptian Jon Stewart'
- Jon Stewart at the Count Basie in Red Bank: How to get tickets
- WATCH: Jon Stewart charges Trump with 'gleeful cruelty' on 'Late Show'
- 'The Daily Show' Co-Creator Lizz Winstead is on to Her Next Legacy: Lady Parts Justice League
- Daily recap of Tigers' minor leagues (Updated: June 20) Wednesday, June 20 Triple-A Toledo
- Daily recap of Tigers' minor leagues (Updated: June 21) Thursday, June 21 Triple-A Toledo
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart have 347 words, post on tv.avclub.com at August 7, 2015. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.