One of the more time-honored clichés in the coaching profession is that college football’s highly paid leaders of young men have “tunnel vision.” They’re “only focused on what’s right in front of them.” They “don’t read the papers.”Well, maybe it’s time to start.Just a week before opening night, the sport is suddenly overrun with a crisis of coaches behaving badly, ignorantly, arrogantly, obliviously or all of the above. By now you know all about Art Briles’ questionable handling of a troubled incoming transfer and Steve Sarkisian’s drunken pep rally speech. And you may also have read that Rutgers’ Kyle Flood is under internal investigation for potentially violating university policy for coaches contacting faculty regarding players’ academics (which he not only admitted to but said, essentially, what’s the big deal?).The latest bizarre story comes out of Virginia Tech, where the football program had apparently began formulating a fine system for athletes — like that for, you know, professional athletes — who violate anything from missing breakfast ($10) or a treatment ($20) to committing unsportsmanlike conduct in a game ($100). Defensive coordinator Bud Foster ignited a mini-firestorm Wednesday by suggesting the money might come out of players’ newfound cost of attendance payments, which… Read full this story
- New Blu-ray Releases: 'Ready Player One', 'In the Mouth of Madness', 'Rampage', 'Breaking In', 'Pyewacket', 'Dark Crimes'
- Coders of the world, unite: can Silicon Valley workers curb the power of Big Tech?
- 'Black Monday': Don Cheadle Breaks Down the "Insane" Plan at the Show's Center
- Steven Soderbergh's 'Unsane' is insanely creepy
- Queen Victoria’s Small Coronet Has a Big Story
- Ivanka Trump trolled after sharing photo of her son sleeping on the floor: 'Got issues? Call ICE'
- A Regular Person’s Guide To Apple’s New Phones (And Other Useless Shit)
- All the Xbox E3 2018 Trailers Including The Division 2 & Cyberpunk 2077!
- Killer Hike
- Beards have grown into an expression of art and self for millenials
Virginia Tech’s idea to fine players is utterly insane have 320 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 27, 2015. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.