Social media presence is a great opportunity for business owners to reach out to their target audience on a regular basis. Be it a big brand or a startup, social media marketing is imperative to build brand awareness around your products and services and no one can deny the vital role it plays in the contemporary marketing landscape. According to a Pew Research Center report, 74 percent of total Internet users are on social networking sites as of January 2014 and the number is steadily growing. Considering the chunk of potential customers these platforms hold, it is understandable why brands are going crazy about social media. However, you need to get off on the right foot or you could do more harm than good to your brand’s reputation. When a Social Media Campaign Goes Wrong There scores of examples of corporate social media campaigns going wrong, but McDonald’s #McDStories campaign is possibly one of the worst. In 2012, McDonald’s hashtag campaign became a bashtag for the popular fast food chain. To inspire a flurry of heartwarming real-life McDonald’s experiences on Twitter, the company introduced the “#McDStories” campaign which unexpectedly backfired when a large number of cynical social media users started…
- Why Your Elevator Pitch Isn't Working
- Voluntourism: what's wrong with the 'white savior complex'?
- Few entrepreneurs in new German parliament
- Man’s Facebook post asking wife and girlfriend to get along goes viral for all the wrong reasons
- Top entrepreneur Bobby Kerr reveals he’s feeling fitter than ever after beating cancer ahead of stint in TV3’s The Restaurant
- Honest Communication Is What Keeps Investors Happy
- How much does it cost to climb Mount Everest?
- ANC has 'digressed and departed'
- Opinion: Germany's Africa policy is well-meaning but lacks coordination
- Urban farming in a freight container
Where are Some Entrepreneurs Going Wrong? have 308 words, post on at September 25, 2015. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.