Some of Britain’s biggest websites felt the strain today as desperate shoppers turned to the internet in search for the best Black Friday discounts. Stores were left deserted as millions went online to find early Christmas deals in what is expected to be the UK’s first £1billion digital shopping day. Websites struggled to cope with demand, with John Lewis’ crashing for around an hour from 3.20pm and Argos, Debenhams and Tesco’s sites all taking longer than normal to load. Other retailers being singled out on social media for slow websites include fashion hub Boohoo.com, Boots and River Island. Scroll down for video Escalators at the Trafford Centre, Manchester, were empty as Black Friday sales failed to tempt customers into shops this morning Staff at PC World in Braehead, Glasgow, were called in early ahead of what was expected to be a busy day – but the tills were quiet at 6am Staff at Meadowhall shopping centre in Sheffield, pictured, were braced for a Black Friday rush – but the car park was empty this morning Thousands of customers shunned the stores and instead went online. More than 126,000 customers reached retailers’ online checkouts between midnight and 1am today – a… Read full this story
- Black Friday shoppers set for £3BILLION splurge – how to make sure you don’t get ripped off
- What are the best January sales online ? Post-Christmas deals from Amazon, ASOS, Debenhams and more
- Looking for cheap FIFA 17 on PS4 or Xbox One? See the best deals for Black Friday weekend
- Best deals for PS4 and XBox One on Black Friday – where to find the cheapest prices
- Black Friday 2016 deals! We round up the best buys and help you save up to £2,000 on the high street
- The 10 retailers to watch on Black Friday and how to make sure you don’t miss a good deal
- Black Friday 2017: When is it, the best deals and all the high street and online retailers taking part
- When is Black Friday 2016, what is it and where are the best deals in the UK?
- Debenhams Black Friday 2016 deals – bargains you should be looking out for
- Black Friday 2016 is on! From Hatchimals to Call of Duty – the best deals on toys, TVs and even flights
Is it Cyber Meltdown Friday? Britain set for its first £1BILLION digital sales day - but bargain hunters CRASH John Lewis website and Tesco, Boots, Debenhams and Argos show the strain have 363 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 27, 2015. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.