NEW YORK: New York City FC has sacked coach Jason Kreis citing the star-studded club’s “disappointing” inaugural Major League Soccer campaign. “Prior to the start of the season, it was agreed with the coaching team that securing of a playoff place was an appropriate target for this year,” the team said in a statement. “A win rate of less than one in three games and a points tally which was the second lowest in the league is clearly not in line with the targets that were agreed.” City, backed by English Premier League club Manchester City, had hoped to make a splash in their debut season with a lineup including marquee stars Frank Lampard, David Villa and Andrea Pirlo. But suspect defense and the late arrival of Lampard and Pirlo to the campaign were hindrances in a season in which they finished eighth in the 10-team Eastern Conference and out of the MLS Cup playoffs. AFP
- TFC doesn’t have much time to prepare for its conference semifinal with first-place New York City FC
- Pozuelo's late penalty lifts Toronto FC past New York City FC in MLS playoffs
- New York City FC hosts Toronto FC in Eastern Conference semifinals
- Toronto FC defeats New York City FC 2-1, moves on to eastern conference finals
- Getting Ready for the New York City Marathon
- Why Is the Gender Wage Gap Higher for Black Women in New York City and What Can Be Done?
- One Hundred And Fifteen Years Ago, The New York City Subway Became Itself
- Watch The New York City Subway Chug Along Seven Months After It Opened
- Gigi Hadid changes into multicolor coat for lunch in New York City after making a statement with a 'boys lie' sweatshirt
- Revenge Porn Is Officially Punishable by Law in New York City
New York City FC sackS coach Kreis have 303 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at November 3, 2015. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.