Business Insider reports that Yahoo is prepping to layoff about 10% of its workforce. The struggling company, even under Marissa Mayer’s leadership, has not seen the recovery expected from its investors.
The company is working on a plan to cut at least 10% of its workforce, said sources familiar with the situation. The cuts would reduce Yahoo’s headcount by more than a thousand employees and could begin as early as this month, the sources said.
According to the latest employee count, Yahoo has about 12,500 employees, so about 1,250 Yahoo employees are at risk of losing their jobs.
It is sad to hear and I love the company but its efforts to resurrect itself have not manifested.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
- Schiff: Impeachment report to come soon after Thanksgiving
- Coming soon: Nokia 9 PureView with a five camera module will make its India debut
- Pokemon Black and White Version 2 announced for DS, coming soon to North America
- Best Black Friday deals 2019: Xbox, Switch and PS4 discounts available now and coming soon
- Black Friday 2019 at Home Depot: All the best deals available now and coming soon
- Black Friday deals 2019: Nintendo Switch, Xbox and PS4 discounts available now and coming soon
- Christopher Nolan's Tenet IMAX Prologue Reportedly Coming Soon
- Tata Gravitas Petrol Variant Coming Soon: India Launch Expected By Mid-2020
- Game of Thrones news could be coming soon, according to cryptic tweet
- Coming soon: Insurance for cows, phone-screens, check-in baggage and more