It’s Valentine’s Day, so couples everywhere will be artificially forced to evaluate their relationship status based on an arbitrary holiday that has no real bearing on the strength of their love. Or you could skip that and read the new co-written memoir The Marriage Test, which tells the story of a plucky couple on the rocks who charged through 40 forced dates to test their ultimate-forever bae compatibility. Let’s get this out of the way: When I first heard about this book (full title: The Marriage Test: Our 40 Dates Before “I Do”), I thought the concept sounded about as illuminating as a daily horoscope. A couple embarks on 40 dates to test whether they are marriage material. So I dove in reluctantly, and it turns out the groan-worthiest aspect of the book is, in fact, the conceit: Forced dates designed to test their compatibility, one of which includes hauling around a 12-pound watermelon and calling it Mel to test their compatibility as parents. They also swap credit cards for a weekend to teach them about sharing expenses. They switch phones to teach them about privacy. They interview in-laws; they survey friends. They work on their sex lives. This is… Read full this story
- 9 Important Lessons That You Can Learn From Live-In Relationships
- Five couples on how their relationship fared during lockdown
- Angela Rayner: 'Boris Johnson needs to get up off his backside and lead'
- Chasing shadows, ignoring substance
- Relaxing lockdown too soon will cause spike in North as R-rate rise splits UK
- President Trump talks trade with China, immigration policy and the US economy
- The 80 best Netflix series and TV shows to watch right now
- Best Netflix movies: the best films you can watch on Netflix UK right now
- EXCLUSIVE: Putin, Trump Will Never Allow US-Russia Armed Conflict, Lavrov Says
- Charlie Rose FIRED by CBS and PBS one day after 13 WOMEN accuse the exalted newsman of unwanted sexual advances as his co-hosts reveal their shock and horror at lewd and nude allegations
Does Your Relationship Need a 'Marriage Test'? have 324 words, post on jezebel.com at February 13, 2016. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.