Not many women would choose to call themselves the “Man Repeller.” But that’s exactly what Leandra Medine did back in 2010 when she launched her freethinking fashion blog of that name. It started as an unpolished look at her zany New York style with some rambling thoughts on brands and trends (she’s a proponent of everything from harem pants to shoulder pads). Now, it’s morphed into a bona fide lifestyle writing destination. The core thesis: women should dress for themselves first and foremost. The content: everything from fashion show recaps to “New York Closets” features to bitingly honest dating advice and personal essays. Think Vogue meets Jezebel, but written by really funny, quirky women. Despite its name, Man Repeller has reeled in a devoted audience: 2.6 million pageviews a month four years ago, according to Business of Fashion, 2.2 million followers across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and an average 53% fan growth year to year. Meanwhile, a series of high-profile brand collaborations have boosted the site’s bottom line; they’ve worked with the likes of Sunglass Hut, Fossil, NARS, and Estée Lauder. Medine, who’s now 27, employs a stable of writers, artists, and social media gurus who whip up and spread… Read full this story
- Mumbai Marathon 2020: 64-years-old dies of cardiac arrest while running
- 23-year-old man arrested for rape of minor girl in UP's Fatehpur
- Meet the 28-Year-Old Grad Student Who Just Shook the Global Austerity Movement
- Meet Michigan's Rising Fashion Designer, 9-Year-Old Nevaeh Woods
- Love Island's Ollie Williams admits that he was catfished by a 50-year-old man
- Sickening moment pervert, 50, thinks he is meeting a 15-year-old girl for sex before being confronted by vigilante paedophile hunters as he is jailed for 27 months
- Olivia Wilde reveals how she's raising her kids to reject gender stereotypes, as she admits she worries her three-year-old daughter will grow up feeling like she's part of the 'weaker sex'
- Controlling boyfriend tortured his partner with an axe and made her watch as he shot their two-year-old daughter dead before turning the gun on her
- Michael Phelps world record shattered by 19-year-old at swimming worlds
- Feds Blame De Blasio For Murder Of 92-Year-Old Woman By Illegal Immigrant
Meet the ‘Man Repeller’, the 27-year-old who turned her fashion hobby into a serious business have 354 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at February 18, 2016. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.