Heroes are ordinary people who go the extra mile and do extraordinary deeds for others. This year, there are seven modern-day Filipino heroes whose striking stories on sharing their talent and blessings to the less fortunate truly encapsulate the essence of the Gawad Geny Lopez Bayaning Pilipino Awards, the annual search honoring ordinary Filipinos who make a difference in their communities. Meet SJ03 Armando Mapola of Odiongan Romblon, a jail officer who inspires prisoners that life goes on even behind bars. Armando is the winner in the National Individual category of the Bayaning Pilipino Awards for being the founder of a livelihood training program for inmates. Aside from this empowering program, Armando even organized a fun run to raise funds for Yolanda survivors in Romblon with the theme Takbo Para Sa Mga Biktima ng Bagyong Yolanda. Special awardee Hildegonda del Mundo of Batangas showed that physical limitations can never be a hindrance in extending help to others. Although Hildegonda is blind, she serves as a shining inspiration to fellow specially-abled individuals by being a Special Education (SPED) teacher in a SPED school in Alitagtag, Batangas. From Davao City, Benjelita Batao was recognized as the national winner in the Teacher category of… Read full this story
- Angelique Kerber stuns Serena Williams to clinch Australian Open title
- Overbroad, overboard: On Kerala’s law to curb abusive content
- Why Princess Diana was never forgiven for the toxic fallout from Panorama: Concluding his devastating expose, her closest aide PATRICK JEPHSON reveals the aftermath of her TV chat... and why Prince Harry should heed her painful lesson
- Douglas Clark - Rugby league and wrestling legend who became a hero in World War I
- The bold unity model that Biden should follow
- Who made Marion?
- America's Cup legend Bruno Trouble ready to head to Auckland if Team NZ win
- Frontline heroes fight poverty
- Lewis Capaldi leaves fans in hysterics as he jokes he had a starring role in the new John Lewis Christmas advert
Bayaning Pilipino’s extraordinary deeds have 321 words, post on www.philstar.com at April 11, 2016. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.