From the rise of the 24/7 media circus, conspiracy theories and the end of the ’60s, here are the crimes that left forever marks on our culture By Sep 20, 2016 1:00 PM Tags Legal O.J. Simpson Crime John Lennon Kennedys JonBenét Ramsey True Crime Week True Crime AP, Getty Images; E! Illustration Crime happens every day, all over the world. We don’t mean that in a make-America-great again kind of way. Rather, the existence of crime is a scary, often uncontrollable part of life. And it can seem like an even bigger part of life because we tend to be a society that demands all the details, anytime something tragic or shocking happens, no matter how—or perhaps because of how—far removed the situation may be from our personal experience of the world. Not only is it endlessly fascinating to probe the human condition, trying to figure out not just how, but why something happened, but perhaps in some ways learning all there is to know about a crime makes us feel like we’re building a fortress of information that will help prevent anything of that sort from happening to us . And it isn’t just online media, which operate at fever pitch 24/7, that have deposited us in… Read full this story
- Climate, Covid 19, China: Takeaways from World Economic Forum's online Davos event
- The Surprising Innovations of 'Jackass Forever'
- Letter: Forest shock
- UK Gov. Looks to Further Tighten Criminal Restrictions on Online Speech
- 'We were shocked': Couple won't postpone wedding for pregnant sister-in-law
- The Shift Network Presents The Shift Your World Film Festival; Opening Remarks From Oscar Winning Actor Jeff Bridges
- Virus Forces Cambridge to Hold Most Classes Online Next Year
- Ghost's killer on "Power" may have been leaked online (spoilers)
- ‘Shocking and Abhorrent’ Abuse Rampant in U.K. Parliament, Report Says
- Cheerleaders sent chilling photo 'threat' with '13 sacrifices' scrawled on faces
13 Crimes That Shocked the World and Changed Our Culture Forever - E! Online have 307 words, post on www.eonline.com at September 20, 2016. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.