Three years ago, Mark Knowles wrote a thorough checklist for testing a website prior to its live launch. It was a very helpful guide, so we thought we’d update it for the current digital landscape. Here we present a guide on how to test a website, full of updated information and tips to make sure everything looks and works exactly as it should on launch day. Everyone has a role here, and that’s how the tasks have been divided – for Editors, Designers, Developers, SEOs and Network Administrators. Please note: many of the tips below are from Mark Knowles, but have been updated to reflect any changes. For the Editor and Writers… 1. Spelling, grammar, punctuation Check for proper spelling, typos, and grammar site-wide. Not just in article text and headlines, but also throughout the navigation, calls-to-action, buttons, forms etc. 2. Forms Fill out the forms on the site and go through the following questions: Can the flow be improved? Do you get stuck? Are the instructions accurate? Does the completed form get sent to the right people or person? 3. Check images Make sure your images are all optimised for the web. Ensuring they’re not too large – and…
- SGX Nifty down 28 points; here's what changed for market while you were sleeping
- Website launched for sand supply
- Share price of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. jumps as Sensex gains 87.28 points
- How Reliable Are COVID-19 Tests?
- CDC: Antibody Tests For COVID-19 Wrong Up To Half The Time
- SF, Glide Memorial Launch Free COVID-19 Testing Site In San Francisco’s Tenderloin
- Jawa Perak Bobber Motorcycle Continues With Testing Phase: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Allow all doctors to prescribe Covid tests, Centre tells states; Individuals will need to fulfil ICMR criteria for testing
- 6 People on Life After a Positive Coronavirus Antibody Test
- Covid-19: Delhi govt orders hospitals to test all ‘high-risk’ individuals
How to test a website before you launch: a 28 point checklist have 319 words, post on at September 12, 2016. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.