Both Google and Bing announced that they have increased the file size limit of your sitemap files from 10MB to 50MB, a 400% increase.
Microsoft said “most sitemaps are under this 10 MB file limit, these days, our systems occasionally encounter sitemaps exceeding this limit.” To address that, both Google and Bing expanded that limit to 50MB (52,428,800 bytes).
That means the uncompressed version has to be 50MB or less. You can compress them for bandwidth requirements but the uncompressed version can’t exceed 50MB.
You are still limited to 50,000 URLs per Sitemap file, that has not changed.
Forum discussion at Twitter
- How to find the apps you're looking for in Google Play
- Google launches Android 8.1 Oreo developer preview
- Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL: Expected India price, launch date, specs, availability and more
- Huawei phones are still red hot in China. But the Google app ban is hurting sales overseas
- Google Favors Planned Parenthood Results More Than Twice As Much As Other Search Engines, Report Finds
- Ajit Pai finalizes vote to limit FCC reviews of customer complaints
- Google fined a record €2.4 billion by the EU for manipulating search results
- NRA chief Wayne LaPierre received a 57% pay raise in 2018, tax filings show
- Lok Sabha elections 2019: Rahul Gandhi files nomination papers from Kerala’s Wayanad seat
- Nearly 1,400 arrests in French 'yellow vest' protests as government offers dialogue