The “Grand Theft Auto” series is, simply put, a juggernaut. Its ongoing ability to both dominate sales at launch and retain those sales across the next several years is rare in the mercurial video game market. The “Grand Theft Auto” series is among the likes of “Super Mario” and “Madden” in this respect – it has a notoriously “long tail.” The last game in the series, “Grand Theft Auto V,” is especially emblematic of this feat: It just shipped its 70 millionth unit. That ridiculously high number is shipped, not sold. But still! We live in an era of mostly digital sales, where games launch at the same time online that they do in stores. We also live in an era where PC gaming is huge – Steam, the Valve-owned digital game store, has over 125 million active users. Guess what they’re playing? The game regularly charts on Steam’s current player list, often near the top. And Reddit’s largest gaming forum, /r/Gaming, often features highlights and bloopers from people still playing the game. All of which is to say one thing: We’re guessing there aren’t a lot of physical copies of the game collecting dust on store shelves. Part of… Read full this story
- GTA 6 release update: Popular PS4 and Xbox feature coming to Grand Theft Auto next?
- Grand Theft Auto V 'has made more money than any film in history'
- The £15 pouch that promises to stop keyless car theft by blocking hackers
- Full list of the 2018 Grand National runners as 73 remain including Blaklion
- Grand National 2018: Tiger Roll wins in photo finish
- Katherine Brewster: Hunt for 27-year-old British woman missing after walking into Brazilian forest to meditate
- The new Bentley Bentayga goes up against Grand National runner Gas Line Boy
- Could €2,000 shipping containers help solve Ireland’s housing crisis?
- Grand National 2018 full list of runners as 73 horses remain
- Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway is 70 this week!
Three years after launch, ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ just shipped its 70 millionth copy have 310 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at November 4, 2016. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.