NEW YORK (AP) The Latest on the College Football Playoff and bowl selection (all times local): — 3:35 p.m. ARMED FORCES BOWL: Navy will play Louisiana Tech in the Armed Forces Bowl. The Midshipmen (9-3) had a contractual agreement all season to play in the game on TCU’s campus on Dec. 23, as long as they were bowl eligible. The only thing that would have changed that is if they had finished as the top-ranked league champion from the Group of Five conferences. But Navy lost at home to Temple in the American Athletic Conference championship game, while Western Michigan won the MAC championship to remain undefeated and earn the berth in the Cotton Bowl. Louisiana Tech (8-5) lost to Western Kentucky in the Conference USA championship game on Saturday. — 3:15 p.m. OUTBACK BOWL: Florida and Iowa are heading to the Outback Bowl for the fifth time each, and for the second time against one another. The teams split their first two Outback meetings, the Hawkeyes winning to end the 2003 season and the Gators prevailing two years later. They’ve only met one other time, and that was in 1983. The Gators (8-4) are coming in on a two-game… Read full this story
- Man arrested for impersonating as Navy officer
- Navy brings massive carrier power to Taiwan Strait, South China Sea
- The Latest: AP source: Virus forces Heat to close facility
- Defence Force applications spike amid gloomy job outlook
- Air Force tech stops drones from being shot down
- The Latest: Tulsa reports record spike in COVID-19 cases
- New Air Force stealth bomber arrives in just '2 years'
- Drinkers share their excitement at returning to their favourite locals but pubs are forced to cancel midnight reopening parties after venues are told closures must remain in place until 6am
- Tensions heat up in South China Sea as US makes significant show of force
- The Latest: PA high court rejects bid to halt virus shutdown
The Latest: Navy, Louisiana Tech in Armed Forces Bowl have 311 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 4, 2016. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.