Back in October 2016, I wrote about how you can use a Python script to determine whether a page has been indexed by Google in the SERPs. As it turns out, Google’s webmaster trends analyst Gary Illyes wasn’t too happy with the technique that was being utilized by the script, so I cannot endorse this method: Shortly after, Sean Malseed and his team at Greenlane SEO built a similar tool based in Google Sheets (among other awesome tools like InfiniteSuggest), and Googler John Mueller expressed reservations: @greenlaneseo Is this a blackhat tool or does it abide by the webmaster guidelines & robots.txt? (just curious) – John ☆.o(≧▽≦)o.☆ (@JohnMu) December 14, 2016 How could I learn which pages weren’t indexed by Google, and do it in a way that didn’t break Google’s rules? Google doesn’t indicate whether a page has been indexed in Google Search Console, won’t let us scrape search results to get the answer and isn’t keen on indirectly getting the answer from an undocumented API. (That was Sean Malseed’s clever solution and scraping workaround.) Let’s explore some solutions. The analytics solution Mark Edmondson provided an R script solution that works by doing the following: It authenticates with your…
- Google's new domain name: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com
- Guardian news to start your day, adapted for Google Assistant
- Google’s Year In Search 2019 video highlights the superheroes all around us
- Google Upgrades Your Movie Collection to 4K
- The 8 Best Smart Speakers With Alexa and Google Assistant
- Talk to people in other languages with Google Assistant’s Interpreter Mode
- The federal government is investigating Google for alleged union busting
- Election 2019: Will there be checks between Great Britain and NI?
- General Election 2019: Tory £1.2 trillion Labour spending claim fact-checked
- 6 Ways to Search ‘By Date’ on Google
How to check which URLs have been indexed without upsetting Google: A follow-up have 304 words, post on at January 27, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.