A day or so ago ago, via a SEC filing, we learned two things about Yahoo. First, Marissa Mayer will be stepping down and second, the company will be renamed to Altaba.
Marissa left Google, at her pretty high position there, in 2012 to become the CEO of Yahoo after several other CEOs failed. Many had high hopes she would be able to turn the company around, but clearly, it didn’t happen.
Here are those lists of CEOs:
Here is the timeline for Yahoo CEOs (some interim):
- Marissa Mayer (2012-Present)
- Ross Levinsohn Interim (2012)
- Scott Thompson (2012)
- Tim Morse Interim (2011-2012)
- Carol Bartz (2009-2011)
- Jerry Yang (2007-2009)
- Terry Semel (2001-2007)
- Timothy Koogle (1995-2001)
Sad to see this but times are changing.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
- Yahoo says all 3 billion accounts hacked in 2013 data theft
- Report: Yahoo Scanned Customer Emails for the Feds
- How the NSA’s MUSCULAR tapped Google’s and Yahoo’s private networks
- Uber is branching out. Is it more like Amazon or Yahoo?
- ¿Usuario de Yahoo? Así puedes recibir $100 o más por el hackeo de tus datos
- Equifax and Yahoo Complain They Are Helpless Against State-Sponsored Hacks
- What to Watch in Tech in 2016: The Bubble, VR, Yahoo in Decline and Apple's Midlife Crisis
- Yahoo Trains Its Gaze On Mobile
- US charges two Russian spies and two 'criminal hackers' over Yahoo hack
- Who Does Yahoo! Want to Wrangle?