Shilpa Divekar Nirula, CEO, Monsanto India RegionUnion Budget 2017 has focused on India’s agriculture sector and the country’s farmers to drive growth in rural India while continuing to propel the nation’s economic engine.Credit is an important input to improve agricultural output and productivity and attempts to expand farm credit across rural India is a welcome move. In addition, increased facilities for irrigation through the “Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana”, a dedicated irrigation fund, augmented access to crop insurance under the “Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana” are admirable interventions aimed at doubling farmer income. Irrigation and farm credit remain key pillars that will strengthen farm productivity, help in managing risks and maintain the uptrend in the agriculture sector’s growth. Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- Epic India leopard rescue photo wins award five years later
- India set to update its 2030 climate targets under Paris Agreement
- No. of People Who Got at Least One Jab in India Highest in World: Health Ministry
- India vs Pakistan T20 World Cup match to be cancelled? Union minister says THIS amid terrorist incidents in Jammu and Kashmir
- ‘Unscientific’ Methodology: Govt Expresses ‘Shock’ Over India’s 101 Rank In Global Hunger Index
- The case of the missing jobs
- Viewpoint: Why poor planning leads to floods in Chennai and Houston
- The Indian men who make money selling trash
- Kerala floods: Troops rush in to help rescue efforts
- Biden’s Plans Raise Questions About What U.S. Can or Cannot Afford to Do
Budget 2017 to drive growth in rural India: Monsanto India have 289 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at February 2, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.