An alien sun bakes the steel plates of the Gears – the player-controlled bipedal mechs who clutch oversized guns in fake fingers. Like hot cars, they’d burn any hand that touched them. Not that you’d get close enough to touch without facing far worse dangers. Laser weapons flare throughout the battlefield in greens and reds, and you’d be liable to lose your head if you so much as stepped onto it. Read more: the best first-person shooters on PC. That’s not such a concern for the Gears – although, as Stompybot CEO and Heavy Gear Assault designer Vince McMullin explains, a head would be missed. “Heads in general contain primary optics, communications, and radar,” he says. “So getting your ‘head blown off’ means a loss of radar, and any sensor sharing capability with your team.” The ability to take apart an exosuit – either with a hail of bullets or in a customisation menu – is a “hallmark feature of any mech game” – and Heavy Gear Assault is, loudly and proudly, one of those. “While our competitors, such as Titanfall 2, have reduced customization in their games, we’ve embraced it,” says McMullin. “Mech games are not meant to be… Read full this story
- Column: How did God make it into millions of consumer contracts?
- Why our food is making us fat
- Group 1 winners Hey Doc, Sunlight could be heading overseas
- Refreshed 2017 Subaru BRZ has more than just an extra 5 hp
- PlayStation Plus December 2019: all the free PS4 games you can get this month
- 2020 Renault Captur Breaks Cover With Familiar Look, New Tech
- 2019 Renault Clio Reveals Upscale Exterior Ahead Of Geneva
- Gaming's 19 most impractical suits of armor: A metalworker weighs in
- First wave of 750 US paratroopers leaves for the Middle East in response to attack on the US embassy in Baghdad with thousands more set to deploy after Trump promised Iran will pay a 'big price'
- Mahindra Thar Is Classic-Looking Jeep That's Available Today
Making it in Unreal: behind the reinforced plates of Heavy Gear Assault have 317 words, post on www.pcgamesn.com at February 27, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.