TEMPE, Ariz. — Bruce Arians smiled a bit and shook his head on the morning two days before his final game as a coach. He was talking of one undeniable certainty to come. He didn’t yet offer reflection on his 40-year career, particularly the past five leading the Arizona Cardinals. He couldn’t detail the days to come without the sport that provided him with the kind of opportunity, wealth and relationships beyond anything he could have imagined growing up in York, Pennsylvania. And yet a sport that has gradually taken from him, too. Rather, he was dialed in to his famously detailed preparation for one last opponent in Seattle. The Cardinals defeated the Seahawks 26-24 to send Arians out on a high note, and give him his 50th win, which makes him the winningest coach in franchise history. How could he truly imagine a life not yet lived? There will be time for that in the weeks and months to come after making his rumored retirement official Monday. “I told my team last night that I was retiring,” Arians said in a Monday news conference. “And there is no greater feeling in the world of a team that has your back. “It’s been a great ride.” More: Bruce Arians… Read full this story
- Should Bruce Arians retire from Arizona Cardinals?
- Bruce Arians: Cardinals set for big year if Sam Bradford is healthy
- CBS officially announces addition of Bruce Arians
- Bruce Arians says the Cardinals should draft Lamar Jackson
- NFL coaching watch: Luck & McDaniels a match made in heaven?
- Larry Fitzgerald bought a Mercedes for Bruce Arians after injuring him
- Playing tennis has served Josh Rosen well as he prepares for life as an NFL quarterback
- The running back who can no longer run: Isaiah Pead's new life is better than no life
- Gauging How Hot Every NFL Coach's Seat Is Heading into the Draft
- Could Bruce Arians and Gary Kubiak retire after the season?
York grad Bruce Arians retires, prepares for a new life without the NFL, coaching have 320 words, post on www.ydr.com at February 22, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.