“Position 0” is the new holy grail in organic search rankings. A normal position 1 ranking is great and all, but I’ll take an answer box that features my content (sometimes with an image) over position 1 in almost all cases.
Just take a look at how attention-grabbing an answer box (also known as a “featured snippet”) is:
With some of our own clients, we’ve seen click-through rates increase by as much as three times when one of their URLs that already ranks on page one suddenly gets an answer box.
Once this started happening organically, it was like a drug – and we wanted more. So we set out to determine how we could get answer boxes for more queries.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
- finally finds an interesting way to use Sonic’s friends
- A Look Inside the Terrible Manual Cops Use to Teach 'Rape Prevention'
- Crapware: Why manufacturers install it, what you can do about it, and why it's not going to go away
- Five more conferences condensed: 2013
- Your Ten Horrendously Bad Car Selling Stories
- In their words: Experts weigh in on Mac vs. PC security
- Transcript: Ballmer talks Microhoo with employees
- This Week’s Best Deals: Nier Automata, Grim Fandango, Pro Controllers, and more
- Get a Vantrue N3 dashcam and backup camera for $85
- What have we learned from Google Fiber?