Recently, the two heaviest hitters in the search engine world – Google and Bing – jointly announced that they would increase the file size limit for sitemaps from 10MB to 50MB. A sitemap file contains all the URLs that belong to a particular site, and the maximum number of URLs a sitemap file may contain remains capped at 50,000. While the jump from 10MB to 50MB may seem insignificant at first glance, it is actually a big change for the search engine world. Sitemaps’ Impact on SEO Sitemaps are invaluable files for search engine optimization (SEO). Essentially, a sitemap is a map of a website that shows how the website is structured, the links that comprise the whole, and how they interact. They are important for both users and search engines, and due to their nature, two main types of sitemaps exist – one for human visitors to navigate websites and another designed for search engines’ bots to crawl through for SEO purposes. Sitemaps are useful for search engines because they can immediately inform the engine of changes to your site, such as a redesigned URL, new pages, and other edits. Sitemaps also help drive traffic to your website, rather… Read full this story
- Microsoft Confirms 2 GB Size Limit For XBLA Games
- Fallout 4 Mods On Playstation 4 Have Size Limit Of 900 MB And Some Other Issues
- Report: Microsoft Considering XBLA Size Limits 'Case-By-Case'
- Destiny 2 File Size Has Been Revealed For Xbox One And Playstation 4
- Uncharted 4 File Size is 48GB, Game Pushing PS4 to Its Limits
- Xbox Store Revealed Deus Ex Mankind Divided File Size For Xbox One
- God Eater 2 Rage Burst File Size For PlayStation 4 Revealed
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Has a Surprisingly Small Installation File Size on the PS4
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare File Size Revealed
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Beta File Size Revealed
Sitemap Max File Size Limit Increased On Google and Bing have 306 words, post on www.vizioninteractive.com at May 8, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.