Illustrative photo (Photo: thailandtrains.com) Bangkok (VNA) – Thailand’s Deputy PrimeMinister Somkid Jatusripitak will sign a cooperation agreement with Japan toimplement eight major development projects, including the construction ofBangkok – Chiang Mai high-speed railway line using Japanese technologyduring his visit to Tokyo from June 4-6.According to Minister of Transport ArkhomTermpittayapaisith, the draft agreement was approved by the Thai cabinet on May30.Deputy PM Somkid will discuss the eight projectswith representatives from Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transportand Tourism.The two sides will talk about the ongoingstudies on rail development, advice on trade development along the route, andthe development of a 635km high-speed railway from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.The feasibility report on the railway will becompleted this year.Thailand agreed to adopt the Shinhansen(Japanese high-speed train) technology for the construction of the railway,which will be divided into two parts: Bangkok-Phitsanulok andPhitsanulok-Chiang Mai.Also among the eight projects are two newhigh-speed railway projects, including a transnational route linking Bangkokand Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia). The other is from Bangkok to Rayong province,belonging to the Eastern Economic Corridor. The Thai Government plans to build10 modern industries, including smart electronics and new-generation vehicles.Another four projects are being studied andfinanced by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), including aproject to develop commercial areas near a… Read full this story
- High speed railway construction accelerated as CDB disburses loan
- Could Ohio replicate Florida's high-speed rail system?
- Thailand, Japan hope to improve people’s well-being
- Light moments in Parliament as MPs’ shake hands
- Maserati driver sentenced in high-speed DUI crash in Colorado Springs
- High speed rail route across North won’t be as fast as HS2, says Chris Grayling
- Tender for KL-Singapore high-speed rail assets company extended to Dec 28
- China keen to cooperate in Thailand’s high speed rail projects
- NA Chairman’s tour of Thailand, Japan a success
- IFC, VBMA shake hands for VN’s bond market development
Thailand, Japan shake hands to build high-speed railway have 310 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 31, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.