Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
Canada’s Supreme Court orders Google to de-index site globally, opening door to censorship
Jun 28, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Decision is dangerous to free speech and the free flow of online information.
Featured snippets: Optimization tips & how to ID candidate snippets
Jun 29, 2017 by Brian Ussery
Contributor Brian Ussery breaks down featured snippets, explaining his observations and offering tips for pursuing the coveted “position zero.”
PaveAI unveils AI-powered platform to turn Google Analytics into actions
Jun 29, 2017 by Barry Levine
Startup says this is the first Google Analytics tool that turns the data into news you can use about increasing leads or revenue.
What to make of the EU’s absurd antitrust ruling against Google
Jun 29, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
In its concern over Google’s market dominance, the EU has focused on the wrong issue. Its ruling won’t benefit consumers and isn’t going to bring CSE business back.
The value of an in-house SEO
Jun 29, 2017 by Eugene Feygin
Does your business really need an in-house search professional? Columnist Eugene Feygin explains what an in-house SEO can bring to the table, and why it’s worth the investment for many organizations.
Voice search and SEO: Why B2B marketers need to pay attention now
Jun 28, 2017 by Nate Dame
Voice search is being adopted for a variety of purposes, and columnist Nate Dame makes the case that its influence on B2B decision-makers is growing as well. B2B marketers, be prepared!
How the EU fine will ruin Google Shopping for the consumer
Jun 28, 2017 by Andreas Reiffen
What will be the impact of the European Union’s recent antitrust fine against Google? Columnist and shopping ads expert Andreas Reiffen weighs in.
Email deliverability: making it to the inbox
Jun 29, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
With an ROI of 122% email is one of the most effective marketing channels. But in order to reap the benefits, marketers must ensure their campaigns reach their intended recipients. To help brands overcome the challenges that stand in the way of optimal inboxing, Yes Lifecycle Marketing has developed this deliverability guide focusing on: The […]
- As Amazon continues its rampant growth, will traditional retailers survive online?
- TAG launches tool to help keep ads off apps that pirate content
- IAB Tech Lab issues final ads.txt specs to authenticate verified digital ad sellers
- Google shows off its VR advertising concept
- How the iPhone spawned the evolution of mobile engagement
- Considering a social media management platform? We compare 18 leading vendors
- 7 things marketers need to know about Google’s Smart display campaigns, direct from Google
- Startup Acquired launches new platform for managing mobile app install campaigns
- Facebook will tell brands if the people clicking their ads actually made it to their sites
- PaveAI unveils AI-powered platform to turn Google Analytics into actions
- Innovid now screens inventory for HTML5 video ads for the first time
- Amazon’s Prime Day 2017 is a 30-hour event this year
- How publishers, brands are using links in Instagram Stories to boost web traffic
- Making progress on diversity and inclusion, Google Blog
- What’s The Worst Thing About SEO, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Is it time to End Review Spam, SEM Rush
- Not Seeing Google Posts In Your Google My Business Console? Let Google Know., Search Engine Roundtable
- 7 Tips for Successful International Link Building, Hallam Internet
- The Flow Metrics History Tool in Action, Majestic Blog
- SearchResearch Challenge (6/28/17): How can you see across time?, SearchReSearch
- How to Rank in Cities Where you Don’t Have an Address, Whitespark
- Using Heading Tags & Semantics for Better Search Visibility, Raven Blog
- Google Updates Structured Data Developer Documents, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Walmart dominates paid search among online grocery-related terms, digitalcommerce360.com
- Drive New Customer Acquisition With This PPC Campaign Type, Metric Theory
- Machine Learning and The Future of PPC, PPC Hero
- PRODUCT REVIEW Google Voice Search: Worthy of the iPhone's Bottom Row
- The Google Voice Choice: Keep Your Number or Get More Features
- Google Voice Talks Its Way Into BlackBerry, Android Phones
- Google Sharpens Search With Real-Time Results, Android Photo Finder
- Google Asks Search Users to Speak Up
- Is Google Stuck in EU Antitrust Locomotive's Headlight?
- Google Makes Nice to EU
- Google Voice: Who's Joining the Chorus?
- Google Enhances Search for Visually Impaired
- Google Refines Search Results to Counter Microsoft