If you go to Google.com and you are in the United States, you will see a special Google Doodle, an animated one for the solar eclipse. Google is looking to educate as many Americans about the solar eclipse before it happens this afternoon.
When you click on the Doodle, which is copied above. it takes you to a query for [solar eclipse science]. At the top of the search results page is an interactive box that teaches you about the solar eclipse.
My in laws are actually all set to watch the total eclipse in the St. Louis region, while I am here and may or may not look out the window for the 70% or so partial eclipse from New York.
It’s been 99 years since an total eclipse crossed the width the United States. This year, the 65-mile wide path of totality with sweep, sash-like, across the country—entering the map at Oregon and exiting at South Carolina. The once-in-a-lifetime spectacle will attract an estimated 7.4 million people to areas in the path of totality, including so-called eclipse-chasers, who plan for years in advance and travel from far and wide to get a glimpse of the stellar phenomenon.
Once in a lifetime to see a total eclipse like this in the US.
I am a bit surprised that Bing doesn’t have an eclipse theme in the US.
Forum discussion at Twitter.
- Milwaukee Public Mueseum to Travel to Chile for the Solar Eclipse in June
- Milwaukee Public Museum to Travel to Chile for the Solar Eclipse in June
- The next solar eclipse is only 5 years away – are you ready?
- Most-watched solar eclipse ever dazzles viewers across Southern California; see the photos
- Time to panic: It's only five years until New Hampshire's total solar eclipse!!!
- Chievous happy to go back to being 'a solar eclipse'
- Derrick Chievous, Mizzou's solar eclipse, relishes jersey retirement
- Doodle for Google Contest 2019: Submission Deadline Monday, How to Enter, How Many Winners Are Announced?
- Google Inbox Final Days, How to Change to Gmail and When Will Inbox Be Gone
- China to Build World's First Solar Power Station in Space in Next Five Years