Bing Ads announced on Thursday some new features in Editor related to ad extension management.
These new features are now available for the Windows version of Bing Ads Editor, and they will soon be available for the Mac version.
Advertisers can control when their ad extensions are shown in Editor, including by date, day of the week and time of day. There’s also support for times to be based on either the advertiser’s time zone or the searcher’s time zone.
These scheduling options allow advertisers to run ad extensions only during appropriate times and help enhance relevance. For example, a restaurant may want to have callout extensions enabled for the morning to highlight breakfast items, and then schedule them to turn off when breakfast stops serving and turn on callouts for dinner promotion.
The new scheduling options displayed when extensions are highlighted in Editor:
Clicking Edit in the Ad Schedule section of the editing pane brings up a scheduling window:
Bing has also upgraded the management capabilities of their Shared Library to include location and call extensions. Advertisers can now create a library for each and quickly associate them to multiple campaigns in a few clicks.
This will save time spent going into individual campaigns one by one to assign these extensions, and it makes mass edits easier. For example, if a phone number changes, as the number in the Shared Library is updated, the new number will automatically populate in all campaigns using it.
These options now appear in the Shared Library section in the left-hand margin:
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
- Air Methods Announces New Base in Habersham Community
- Uber announces new 24x7 safety helpline for Indian users
- Cirrus Aircraft Announces New Chief Executive Officer
- NASUAD Announces New Name and Election of New Officers
- Vineti Announces New Regional Headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland
- First Performance Announces New Chairman
- Extedo Announces New Integration of eCTDmanager with MasterControl
- DGSE Announces New Credit Facility with Texas Bank & Trust
- Gray Announces New Management Roles for Tim Coles and Kathy Silk
- Ted’s Montana Grill Announces New Corporate Chef