SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – Facebook and Google had reportedly shut off robo systems that reflect racist advertisements online.Facebook Inc., the most influential social media as of the moment, removed its main self-service tool for advertisement. On the other hand, Google has also decided to put a halt to its automatic search advertising system when offensive words are detected. The most popular online companies came up with the idea to address concerns regarding offensive advertisements that highly affect society. Both companies earn mostly through ads that allow target market strategies to filter the public information gathered from the users. The process is made by the system, without human control. Just recently, some media organizations exposed that this kind of technology allowed them to buy online advertisements with foul language as keywords. The robo systems were found to be more susceptible to abuse. Brian Wieser, the research analyst for Pivotal Research Group, stated that the robo systems are so user-friendly that it was “easy to expose” the flaws of the automatic marketing tools. Wieser is also a well-known critic of the two powerful conglomerates. According to a formal announcement that the company released, Facebook is no longer allowing advertisers to choose their… Read full this story
- Apple, Google, Facebook and Amazon abused monopoly power, House report says
- Congress zeroes in on Google during historic tech antitrust hearing
- Court rejects suit against Twitter, Facebook over alleged anticonservative bias
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube algorithms could be radicalizing people, congressional Democrats say
- Masters of the Universe Turn on Far Left: Facebook Censors Socialist Workers Party, Leftist Activists
- Facebook's Project Aria is test-driving tech for AR glasses on real-world people this year
- Apple, Google, other US business groups applaud Biden's immigration reforms
- Parler moves to right-wing web-hosting firm Epik after suing Amazon for antitrust violations for shutting down their app and their CEO said he would re-build the site from scratch
- Conservative 'free speech' app Parler DISAPPEARS from the internet at 3am after tech giants Amazon, Apple and Google all pull the plug over 'posts inciting violence'
- Waymo opens driverless robo-taxi service to the public in Phoenix
Facebook and Google Shut Off Offensive Robo Systems have 341 words, post on hddmag.com at September 17, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.